• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tanzanite (Elgore)

Tanzanite (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:36 AM

Hi.  This is the first Sky Fair that I have experienced and it is a bit of fun mostly.  I am assuming this is a once a year thing?  

Now my suggestion is simple for future fairs, that the person to get first hit on a pinata gets the pinata drop.

My reason for this is, although the majority of older players are fair, cool and laid back, there are a hardcore few that get greedy.  They dominate the fair and already have the advantage of speed buffs.  However even when a newer player gets to a pinata first, for example if right next to them, one of this core will hit after lower player has already  started and if they have not managed to get over half way with weaker hits, the other player will steal.  As I said the majority are fair and do not do this but this hard core few dominate fair and are often there and most newer players give up and stop trying to get tickets (or even seals) there. In other games they prevent this "stealing" in such events by using the first hit method mentioned above.  It prevents certain players taking over in events like this. 

It is still a fun event and at least one can get tickets in normal maps while fighting mobs.   It is just a shame such events bring out the worst in a few and they get a little too greedy. 

#2 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationHaha, no.

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:53 PM

Would be cool if tickets actually dropped.

• Ðarknight (Elgore) likes this

The harder you try - the more you lose.

So work yourself dry - and drink more booze.

#3 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Locationin the confines of the mental universe

Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:26 PM

Usually you need to kill about 10 pinatas to get a ticket

Edited by Ðarknight (Elgore), 12 April 2019 - 11:28 PM.

• EdgyDalmaska (Elgore) likes this

Os lábios da sabedoria estão fechados, exceto aos ouvidos do entendimento.

When you dream alone, it 's just a dream. When we dream together is the beginning of reality.

#4 Talestra (Elgore)

Talestra (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1020 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:45 AM

Usually you need to kill about 10 pinatas to get a ticket

3-4 tickets for every 10 pinatas. Perhaps you were not so lucky but tickets drop quite often imo.

Also the drop from pinatas is affected by the premium account bonuses, just as any monster drop.

#5 Talestra (Elgore)

Talestra (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1020 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 09:05 AM

Now my suggestion is simple for future fairs, that the person to get first hit on a pinata gets the pinata drop.

This decision would boost ranged classes mostly.

There are already certain restrictions regarding the pinatas hunting

-Nobody can use their skills (but you can use the treasure hunter's elixir and/or grass chewing gum to boost your speed movement)

-Damage dealt is always the same: 30-40 damage irrelevant of your class and level (but elemental debuffs and bleeding you get from your cards, skills or seals, work too)

This way any character has a chance to kill a pinata and get the drop. 

Edited by Talestra (Elgore), 13 April 2019 - 09:09 AM.

#6 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:59 PM

Well, we have divergent opinions about the fall of the ticket, as I can see. But, besides being difficult to drop tickets - my opinion - rebirth sucks. It is a small space with a small amount of pinatas and a horrible rebirth.
 I wanted to open a topic about the Skyfair event and its quirks. For example: why tickets that are discarded in other characters from the same account can not be passed to other characters from the same account? Personal item? I am PvP in my main character and I can not do PvE correctly; is as ridiculous as having the achievements shared between the characters of the same account and not having the mounts, pets, suits and all collectibles for the same account. I'm going to spend 10k real on one character and when I want to play on another character, I'll spend another 10k.

• Tanzanite (Elgore) likes this

When you dream alone, it 's just a dream. When we dream together is the beginning of reality.

#7 Tanzanite (Elgore)

Tanzanite (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 09:38 AM

Well, we have divergent opinions about the fall of the ticket, as I can see. But, besides being difficult to drop tickets - my opinion - rebirth sucks. It is a small space with a small amount of pinatas and a horrible rebirth.
 I wanted to open a topic about the Skyfair event and its quirks. For example: why tickets that are discarded in other characters from the same account can not be passed to other characters from the same account? Personal item? I am PvP in my main character and I can not do PvE correctly; is as ridiculous as having the achievements shared between the characters of the same account and not having the mounts, pets, suits and all collectibles for the same account. I'm going to spend 10k real on one character and when I want to play on another character, I'll spend another 10k.

agree re the tickets dropping on normal map.  I don't get why they had to make those personal.  I would like to give some to others and only way to do that is collect from fair pinatas itself which gets a little boring.  They are not even bound to account to share among other characters.  A step further I don't see why those others cannot be normal and tradeable too.  That would be a nice change :)

#8 Tanzanite (Elgore)

Tanzanite (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 11:15 AM

This decision would boost ranged classes mostly.

There are already certain restrictions regarding the pinatas hunting

-Nobody can use their skills (but you can use the treasure hunter's elixir and/or grass chewing gum to boost your speed movement)

-Damage dealt is always the same: 30-40 damage irrelevant of your class and level (but elemental debuffs and bleeding you get from your cards, skills or seals, work too)

This way any character has a chance to kill a pinata and get the drop. 

That is sort of my point.  This event is once a year and as I said the majority of players play fair and if they see another player starting on a pinata they leave alone.  To me that is just good manners.  Apart from the speed buffs which get them to the pinata fast (takes me at least three hits to get half way kill on pinata).  When they get there they take pinata with what looks like one hit to me.  So it is a build up of debuffs seals etc which of course older players will have and make them stronger.  I did click on one player who seemed to have a row of debuffs and seals. Which is why at fair ground it is majority of level 65s seen.  Now imagine a player who is much weaker without any of those buffs and skills.  Imagine that player being patient and waiting to hit a pinata that has tickets (you mentioned a pretty high ratio of tickets to pinatas.  My experience has been a little different and I do sometimes get long runs of no tickets.  Tested today and had a dry run of about a dozen then it got a bit better.)  Now imagine that weaker player being very patient having managed to get a few pinatas but still waiting for a ticket drop, also dealing with a player that runs to every pinata they go for and although they manage a hit or two this other player comes along and "steals" it.  That newer player needs to draw on all their patience not to get a bit annoyed I think you might understand smile.png

PS Is the rate you gave 3-4 tickets for every 10 pinatas official algorithm (with premium) or your personal experience?  I will say although I get long runs sometimes of 8 or more pinatas without tickets and then better runs, I do not have a problem with the rate of ticket drops:)  I am using premium (without I tried for a little while and it was very slow and even hardly got a seal so gave up as it did not seem worth the effort.)  I might test it later when have more time and do a count over about 100 pinatas to see what mine average out at.  I got my long dry run today of about 10-12 without tickets and then it picked up but I did not average it out.  I was not too bothered as I knew it would get better and I picked up a few seals smile.png

PPS I think if the tickets on normal maps fighting mobs were not personal but normal tickets that can be given to others (tradeable) it would not matter so much. I am trying to help a friend and it is a shame to do that I can only get viable tickets from pinatas.  I would rather collect from normal fighting. 

Edited by Tanzanite (Elgore), 14 April 2019 - 11:20 AM.

#9 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 14 April 2019 - 01:27 PM

Killing pinatas in Sky Fair is not a very good way to farm tickets. Solo farming large hordes of easy to kill mobs is the best way to get tickets.

The first person to "hit and then win" the reward idea will not work. In fact, It will backfire immediately.

I understand the frustration and thought process of new players struggling to win pinatas. If it was changed to that then range classes would have the clear advantage. Melee classes would never win a pinata again. Secondly, older players will simply break out the long range seals and gear. Then it's game over for everyone else. They can just stand in the middle of the map and hit all 4 corners of the map with little to no effort. While the other range classes have to move around. Simply out classed at this point.

3-5 tickets in 10 minutes is way too slow. A good farm zone should give 15-20+ tickets in 10 minutes.

FYI.
Those results are not from a +11 character pulling the entire map. Rather a +0, no gear, 60 character killing easy mobs.

Allowing the tickets to drop non personal would be a great change to the Sky Fair Event.
It's hard to get other content changes regarding the events. Those are mostly ignored due to the "work" required to make it happen.

@Edit those numbers are wrong after further testing. 

Edited by DarksKiss (Elgore), 14 April 2019 - 02:29 PM.

#10 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:38 PM

@ Farming Tickets.

It seems that each individual character has a 4-5 minute cooldown in between ticket drops. That is farming Solo.

Farming in a party kept giving me different results. That needs to be tested further.

#11 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 05:37 PM

My proposal is not to leave the tickets, which were discarded, negotiated. My proposal is to leave them bound account, so that all the tickets of their other characters can be passed through the account in general. However, it would be advantageous for those who like to cultivate with specific class, since the awards of the event is also personal and therefore desirable, is to improve their main class.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sky Fair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users