#1 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Locationin the confines of the mental universe

Posted 23 June 2019 - 11:59 PM

I have only one question for the RoyalQuest team: I keep playing that server (USA / NA), knowing that there will be - sometime - a merger with a server with a larger population, or I should give up once and for all this imminently bankrupt server ? You never talked about it, and I believe it's not just me but 90% of the population, which is focused on the game, should be curious.

I am worried about the server because it is IMMINENT to fail. I ask myself "why do they continue with this horror story?" That's disgusting.

• Snow-Flower (Elgore) likes this

Os lábios da sabedoria estão fechados, exceto aos ouvidos do entendimento.

When you dream alone, it 's just a dream. When we dream together is the beginning of reality.

#2 Rjoskva (Elgore)

Rjoskva (Elgore)

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:10 AM

Well, we are considering the merging and also we are not going to abandon players.
  • Snow-Flower (Elgore), Talestra (Elgore), DarksKiss (Elgore) and 1 other like this

#3 Snow-Flower (Elgore)

Snow-Flower (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:38 PM

If the servers are going to merge, will we get some notification before it actually happens?

While I have my reservations on the merger, the current lack of players is almost as bad.

#4 Qyburn (Elgore)

Qyburn (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationKing's Landing

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:56 PM

I think the merge should happen as soon as possible, the situation right now is already bad for some months. Also there are a lot of russian players on the server, so it will be nothing new.

I have invited a lot of new players to a guild and 80% quit at lvl 15-25, 10% at mid lvls and those who stay are either people from russian servers, alts or rarely new people who get to lvl 50-65 but then quit shortly after.

And I have seen that population on russian servers is also shrinking and isnt as good as it was, so why are we waiting ? Bring the merge.

#5 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:42 PM

A merge would promote old players to return to the game. Fresh competition with a active healthy server is much desired and welcomed.

The Elgore server has little competition in all aspects of the game due to the low player population.

If the merge happens.

Will there be an English Language Interface System Available. Sure most old and experienced players can figure out the Russian text and items. Most of us know the game by heart.😅

The issue is that new players will not understand the game and struggle to complete quest. In a full Russian text environment many players will struggle. Without an English Interface available when the merge occurs then the merge may prove to be unsuccessful.

Other things to note.

How will a merge affect our launchers? For example, will we have to download another launcher? Specifically, the Russian one found on the RU Website. Essentially downloading the Russian Client.

Or will our current launchers client side gets adjusted/ reworked? For example, the client/server protocols will be changed? Allowing the English based launchers to connect to the Russian servers?

Character Nicknames? I assume the little "Elgore" name will follow the nicknames of everyone. Same thing that happened with the EU merge.

Lots of questions to be expected regarding this topic

#6 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2175 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:35 PM

This merge should've been done 1 or 2 years ago, now that there's only 10~20 players / day it's kinda pointless. If such thing happen some old players may come by and check how things are but they'll hardly keep playing, that's the ugly truth. 

As for competition, there won't be any imo. Elgore guilds don't have 10~15% of players the ru guilds have so it'll only be good to do arenas e bgs mostly if the ping don't get too high.

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#7 Wing (Elgore)

Wing (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:50 AM

Eh the ping isn't too bad and I live in Cali, it'll mainly vary how good the person's internet is, so... Hope you don't run off potatoes and hamster for your internet

imageedit_1_7978229463.jpg

#8 Talestra (Elgore)

Talestra (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1040 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:45 AM

If the servers are going to merge, will we get some notification before it actually happens?

I think we shall get more detailed information closer to the merge time, answering all possible questions - the same way it was with the EU/US merge.

I assume the little "Elgore" name will follow the nicknames of everyone. Same thing that happened with the EU merge.

The "Maragorne" name was added only to nicknames that were already used on Elgore - with one free rename. I think the same will be done for Elgore nicknames duplicated on RU servers.

#9 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2175 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:41 AM

Eh the ping isn't too bad and I live in Cali, it'll mainly vary how good the person's internet is, so... Hope you don't run off potatoes and hamster for your internet

Ping is based in distance, i used to play with 100-150 ping @elgore, before they change the server host location and 400+ ping @ru servers because i live closer to US than Russia.
First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#10 Talestra (Elgore)

Talestra (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1040 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:15 PM

Will there be an English Language Interface System Available. Sure most old and experienced players can figure out the Russian text and items. Most of us know the game by heart.😅

The issue is that new players will not understand the game and struggle to complete quest. In a full Russian text environment many players will struggle. Without an English Interface available when the merge occurs then the merge may prove to be unsuccessful.

The RU launcher has already got the option to switch into English

Spoiler

After you choose English in options and log in you get the English version of the game.

Spoiler

Except chat messages of course.

#11 BossBazuka (Elgore)

BossBazuka (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationGrab Server

Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:33 PM

I think we shall get more detailed information closer to the merge time, answering all possible questions - the same way it was with the EU/US merge.

The "Maragorne" name was added only to nicknames that were already used on Elgore - with one free rename. I think the same will be done for Elgore nicknames duplicated on RU servers.

When will be about merge servers. I hope we will be given at least one year to prepare?

#12 BossBazuka (Elgore)

BossBazuka (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationGrab Server

Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:36 PM

Well, we are considering the merging and also we are not going to abandon players.

Please give all players one year to prepare for the move!

#13 Talestra (Elgore)

Talestra (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1040 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:38 PM

When will be about merge servers. I hope we will be given at least one year to prepare?

Why not 10 years, just to be on the right side?

The date is not defined yet.

#14 BossBazuka (Elgore)

BossBazuka (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationGrab Server

Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:48 PM

Why not 10 years, just to be on the right side?

The date is not defined yet.

even half a year would be enough to prepare. Because it’s not smart to transport players in 3 months, people don’t even know about moving through.

#15 Ragedrop (Elgore)

Ragedrop (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:10 PM

Oh we finally reached the Point of even the Devs realising this server is Toast? 

Maybe Quitting is finally paying off xD

Merge would be cool, we've been waiting for Years already.

Time to meet all those "OMG I AM RANK 1 *insert class* on Russian Server! mains! 

Can't wait to stomp them all.

Jokes aside, I'd come back to do some Arena's&Bg's or just hunt folks with Friends. 

• Yaichi (Elgore) likes this

We are Legion - Forged in Fire

Bathed in Blood - Encased in Iron

Rise and Conquer - Fight for Honor

Find Peace in Death - Onto Valhalla

Lay me to rest - I'll die with Honor 

#16 ŁuWañ (Elgore)

ŁuWañ (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:14 PM

(I apologize in advance for mistakes, translated in Google)

Okay, let's take it point by point.

First of all, it is necessary to understand that only those players who are interested in PVP content vote for merging servers.There's a lot of it on the RU server. Both arenas and bg. 

==========

What awaits players who prefer PVE? 

- Always crowded locations, filled to the limit, day and night. The competition in the farm will be huge. you can not just come and relax mobs to kill that would knock out with them what you need. 
- The bonus to the drop rate of items on Russian servers is only + 50%, while on the US + 150% .. Accordingly, the decline in the overall level of production.
- Lower prices for rare loot (flexible dental nerves, rusty springs, blueness). In the US, it is possible to extract N resources in one period of time and sell them; meanwhile, you will receive less resources for RU (because only + 50%), and you will also earn less money. I will give an example: it's quite normal on the RU, when a player receives 0-2 items (runes of cold) from a meat miner, invariants and p`taga. And they are there 250k, while we have 500k. 
- Huge competition on bosses and elites in the form of old players who paid a lot. Those who get chests on bosses and elites on the US will lose this pleasure on RU.

==========

Now separately about some individual trifles, which I would like to mention ..You wouldn't get a siege, because on the RU-server there will be inconvenient times for US players. 
And further. Most importantly, I just have to remind you. Russian players. 95% of the Russian-speaking community = ill-bred, inadequate, evil, uncultured, terrible cattle. They behave like pigs,insult each other for no reason. Be prepared for the fact that a bucket of dirt will be poured on you simply for coming to THEIR server. For not speaking Russian or for dangeon passing. Russian players are terrible. I know it believe me, I played on their servers for more than 3 years. 
FInally, i told you about what to expect and would like to add a bit of my own opinion. 

==========

I escaped from Russian servers in the first place because of the terrible community. I did not want to contact him at all. Yes, it was on the US-server, but quite a bit. And there will be a lot of it. I also escaped because here the server does not look like an anthill. And now they make me go back to evil people and the lack of PvE. I am not at all interested in PvP, for the sake of which US-players are aiming for an RU-server.
Please accept the idea to make the choice of moving. For example, transfer the character to the Polish server. I would probably go there. And a few more of my friends I met on US. 
Just as an option, do not merge the server into a single one, but make it possible to move from RU to US and back. 
Here it is. Hope to find like-minded people. 

Edited by Talestra (Elgore), 25 June 2019 - 10:40 PM.

• Ragedrop (Elgore) and EdgyDalmaska (Elgore) like this

#17 Talestra (Elgore)

Talestra (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1040 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:51 PM

There are three servers at RU, more crowded and less crowded, and the transfer between servers is enabled for those who is looking for better place to play.

+150% drop rate bonus is enabled at Elgore just because we lack population and consequently drop less - much less - loot.

Huge competition on bosses is more preferable, imo, than need to look for any present tank or dd to do a boss standing free.

And finally: RU community is much the same as elswhere, some people are better, some are not. If you really think 95% of them are "ill-bred" and so on - perhaps you should pay more attention to your image in the mirror?

Hope to find like-minded people. 

Hope you won't.

Edited by Talestra (Elgore), 25 June 2019 - 10:52 PM.

#18 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:56 PM

Spoiler

Thank you Talestra for sharing this information. I was unaware that the English version of the game was available on the Russian Servers. That is good to know that feature is already used.))

I tested it myself. Everything is in English. Examples, Quest, Options, Talents and Skills. ect ect.  

Spoiler

Ping as noted by Solsa will be an issue for many.  My ping was 175 (average) on the RU server. Playing was horrific but not impossible, spells, leap, and heals were all delayed compared to how they are on the US server. My US server ping is about 63 on avg. The server latency is very much noticed.

#19 Talestra (Elgore)

Talestra (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1040 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:05 PM

Thank you Talestra for sharing this information. I was unaware that the English version of the game was available on the Russian Servers. That is good to know that feature is already used.))

I tested it myself. Everything is in English. Examples, Quest, Options, Talents and Skills. ect ect.  

The feature has been added today with maintenance. 

• DarksKiss (Elgore) and Ðarknight (Elgore) like this

#20 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationHaha, no.

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:02 AM

I mostly agree with łuwań, merge will pretty much completely screw over PvE players like myself, I don't really care that much but if anything - I hope merge won't happen anytime soon, just the thought about it makes me want to quit.

Not going to argue, if they want to merge us then sure whatever, but I'm definitely against it, also; everything łuwań listed above is true, and it's the main reason I moved from Polish to the U.S.

I completely despise the other servers, they are quite disgusting in my opinion, this server is my home now, and I wish to stay here, even if I'm the last person playing.

"Where there is desire, there is gonna be a flame - where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burned

But just because it burns, doesn't mean you're gonna die - you gotta get up and try, and try, and try"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users