Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 19 October 2019 - 06:01 PM

Hello there, it's Reikkan.

I made this topic to bring up some issues related to Crusader balancing nowadays.

PVP: 

Due to the existence of Blood card: Choker and its higher tiers, the Crusader support no longer exists, the only skill the class has to heal a partner is lowered to 0 in a minute of combat. Most of its buffs have long cooldown and can be removed via Energy Blast / Magic Devouring, so it's pointless to argue against that Crusader is outclassed by Sorcerer in every aspect when it comes to supporting. The idea of having a Crusader on the party just to have a 1-min cooldown shield is laughable, a Sorcerer has far more protection to offer for no drawback at all, while still retaining more DMG and Crowd Control.

Solution: Make the Crusader buffs more relevant and interactive, the old Planar Barrier had a very interesting concept and clear counterplay mechanics, but now it's just a straight up DEF buff, in a meta where everyone drops your defense to 0 (without having a Destructor card, by the way). The Empathy passive on Aura's Shield makes it a big no-no due to the fact that the Crusader can't heal himself or get help from friends if he decides to support his teammates. The heal-negating passive made sense 4 years ago, but now we have Choker, Dagger of Plague and Ailment to stack up, we don't need a self-killing skill.

PVE:

Crusader is unable to hold monsters from its party, no matter how much ATK you stack on the build or whatever you have on your gears, you will always end up giving up the monsters, and healing a hunter or warlock that aggro'ed the entire dungeon. What is the point of surviving 40 monsters, if you are not the one who is going to tank?

Solution:

- Grand Cross should have the Agression effect.

- Retaliation shouldn't have "Mass Efect".

- Protector Talent should convert all "Agression" effects into "Provocation" (That would affect Whirlwind Blow, Battle Shout and Grand Cross).

That's basically it. Why should we play a Crusader, if Dark Knights can hold more aggro on PVE (and deal damage!), and Sorcerers are far better supports for PVP?

Edited by Reikkan (Elgore), 19 October 2019 - 06:36 PM.

• ChristineLeigh (Elgore) and EdgyDalmaska (Elgore) like this

If you need a support for tanking anything, you still aren't able to tank it. 

#2 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationHaha, no.

Posted 19 October 2019 - 06:42 PM

Crusader is unable to hold monsters from its party, no matter how much ATK you stack on the build or whatever you have on your gears, you will always end up giving up the monsters, and healing a hunter or warlock that aggro'ed the entire dungeon. What is the point of surviving 40 monsters, if you are not the one who is going to tank?

Exactly the reason why I had to make my hunter survival/stamina build for this server, thank you for your post.

• Reikkan (Elgore) likes this

"I repeat: all units of the Archadian Army hold your fire.

The battle is over. As of this moment, we have signed a cease-fire with Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca, Her Royal Majesty."

Deepest respects to those who recognise this quote.

#3 Vorosyn (Elgore)

Vorosyn (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 09:44 PM

This is one of the reasons I stopped playing.

Arena was fail and tanking instances/dungeons was becoming healing the Hunter...

by the way - did we ever get more Level 65 weapon and shield options, or is it still just the 'werewolf'?

just curious

• EdgyDalmaska (Elgore) likes this

#4 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationHaha, no.

Posted 20 October 2019 - 07:24 AM

by the way - did we ever get more Level 65 weapon and shield options, or is it still just the 'werewolf'?

just curious

Only the werewolf shield which is not even worth making if you already have upgraded perfect protection (unless you're stuck at like XX8 strength or something cuz only bonus this shield gives is +2 str).

And only the werewolf axe which has not the worst attack but it's bonuses are clearly meant for thief, not for crusader.

Edited by EdgyDalmaska (Elgore), 20 October 2019 - 07:27 AM.

The battle is over. As of this moment, we have signed a cease-fire with Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca, Her Royal Majesty."

#5 Morŧred (Elgore)

Morŧred (Elgore)

The Master Thief

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationBurgas, Bulgaria

Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:33 PM

Sounds to me like the cycle has come full circle ... we should be proud to have made it this far. How many years did it take to reach this moment anyway?

• Xeffer (Elgore) likes this

#6 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationHaha, no.

Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:42 AM

Sounds to me like the cycle has come full circle ... we should be proud to have made it this far. How many years did it take to reach this moment anyway?

Yeah, I like the era of crusader-slavery, I'm masochistic and now I wanna have a crus too- NVM 2 years to level this class SH******************

#7 NblSupernova (Elgore)

NblSupernova (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationMorocco

Posted 24 October 2019 - 12:10 PM

That's basically it. Why should we play a Crusader, if Dark Knights can hold more aggro on PVE (and deal damage!), and Sorcerers are far better supports for PVP?

U should ask Srscooby☻
  • EdgyDalmaska (Elgore) likes this
"what does not kill me, makes me stronger."

ldoupaaf3a5.png

#8 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationHaha, no.

Posted 26 October 2019 - 06:35 AM

U should ask Srscooby☻

I think I'm austistic again because this genuinely made me laugh, gg.

• NblSupernova (Elgore) likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users