#1 Seville (Elgore)

Seville (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Exciting

Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:07 PM

So,I've recently returned to RQ after a good 2 year leave to find the game has changed a lot.
The player base is dwindling,Higher level play has apparently become stagnant/boring for a lot of older players,and loads of other new fun changes.

That being said,I've heard rumors of a merge going around and how bad it would be for the servers as a whole due to a lot of imbalances betweeen the US/RU servers.

So as a suggestion I'd like to bring up the possibility of a NEW Global Server,One where everyone starts fresh and there are no character transfers.

This would bring back the competitive side that I feel has mostly been lost,Imagine everybody actually striving to be the best again.
It would also have the possibility to attract a lot of new players to the game and maybe even some of those who have left it behind.
I personally really enjoyed rediscovering a game a used to play so much,especially with the new mobs and some of the quest line changes.
So i'm sure players both old and new would also have an enjoyable experience.

I know this would probably be a big undertaking but if you also added a few new quests here and there and sprinkled in a few new mobs (I've already seen loads of new mobs as is though)
There's a chance this could be a huge revival for the game greatly increasing player count and bringing in enough to support the server and then some.

Please let me know what you think :D

Looking for that special piece of equipment?

Find out what it drops from here RQ DROP LIST

#2 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:14 PM

Most of people struggled for 4+ years to build their characters, I doubt those players would join the "new server". The issue is not on Elgore server, but on how it is managed. It takes forever for anything to happen due to admins/CMs not looking at our server, there was a screenshot event that ended almost 1 month ago and we didn't have results.

What we need is a different marketing strategy, active CMs looking at forums and the game issues in general, and more translated information. We don't have an english database, the Stalkers calculator was a guild initiative from RU servers, and it's down for about a month (the english playerbase never had an english calculator, to begin with).

Automated and repetitive events won't bring players back, but a new approach, more attention and support, would surely keep the new players here, and maybe bring back old players.

• ChristineLeigh (Elgore) and EdgyDalmaska (Elgore) like this

If you need a support for tanking anything, you still aren't able to tank it. 

#3 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2193 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:07 PM

Imo the only imbalance between ru/us servers is the playerbase. There was a moment where gear would be an issue but it was 3~4 years ago. As Reikkan i hardly doubt people will upvote this idea of a brand new server from scratch. 

Being honest with you, there's no much left to do about elgore. 

• EdgyDalmaska (Elgore) likes this
First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#4 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationHaha, no.

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:48 PM

So as a suggestion I'd like to bring up the possibility of a NEW Global Server,One where everyone starts fresh and there are no character transfers.

This would bring back the competitive side that I feel has mostly been lost, Imagine everybody actually striving to be the best again.

nah

Whatever's going to happen - better sooner than never.

#5 Ðaros (Elgore)

Ðaros (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationPaladin Tower

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:35 AM

You cry too much, my holy God

#6 Tanzanite (Elgore)

Tanzanite (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:52 AM

So,I've recently returned to RQ after a good 2 year leave to find the game has changed a lot.
The player base is dwindling,Higher level play has apparently become stagnant/boring for a lot of older players,and loads of other new fun changes.

That being said,I've heard rumors of a merge going around and how bad it would be for the servers as a whole due to a lot of imbalances betweeen the US/RU servers.

This would bring back the competitive side that I feel has mostly been lost,Imagine everybody actually striving to be the best again.
It would also have the possibility to attract a lot of new players to the game and maybe even some of those who have left it behind.
I personally really enjoyed rediscovering a game a used to play so much,especially with the new mobs and some of the quest line changes.

I know this would probably be a big undertaking but if you also added a few new quests here and there and sprinkled in a few new mobs (I've already seen loads of new mobs as is though)
There's a chance this could be a huge revival for the game greatly increasing player count and bringing in enough to support the server and then some.

Please let me know what you think biggrin.png

Hi

I appreciate your optimism and your faith in the old player base and their competitive spirit.  However I don't think your idea of a separate server starting from scratch will work.  I have witnessed this being introduced in another game years back and there were all these older players pushing for it.  It ended up being a complete flop and did not even get off the starting blocks.  It seems the thought was more attractive than the doing as it ended up being deserted.  So in effect a waste of time for the company.  A lot of effort for nothing. 

Yes it is important to encourage older players to return however I think even more important is to have a constant flow of players joining games and staying.  I agree re events which I enjoy.  However from what I have discovered in my first year in game is that the events are repeated over and over exactly the same which I must say I am not used to.  I am guessing that money is not spent on a creative team creating new events or changing previous events which is a shame.   Even some variation would make it more interesting.  Servers die because the flow of new players joining and staying for more than a few months decreases.  So yes more events, new events, attention from those in charge, marketing are very important and it seems to be lacking here.  So I am guessing that this has been a gradual decline in these areas long before I joined the game and this has been given up on.   I personally found the Halloween event really boring and the prizes not worth getting excited over so not worth working for and I sense a rinse repeat formula here which shows a lack of interest or time spent on creating something new and more exciting.  Yes they should look to creating more interest for older players but also doing things to attract new players. 

It is  bit of a shame as this game has alot going for it but that is how I see it as a newer player still in their first year.

#7 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:34 PM

Honestly.. This game is not worth starting over again. Not with the current team and administration. I personally would uninstall the game.

If they gave everyone a fresh start on a new server very few people would continue to play.

This is how the scenario would play out with the current game patch and administration.

[ Welcome to RQ 2.0.

The old servers and characters have now been removed.
Start now with x3 exp and x3 loot drops. Activate the promo code to get 7 days of premium, 10 clovers, and a starter elixir.

Enjoy your new start and have fun.

PS don't forget to buy more reales~RQ Team

Everyone gets an equal start right? Wrong! This game doesn't work that way.

Now for the real fun. A group of P2W friends decide to rush to level 65. It only takes a few days to get 65 with x3 exp and farming techniques totally not using the exp exploits ✌.

Now then.. Dungeons make the 65 gear easy to obtain. A few days later this group will p2w the gear and buy all the loot, materials, and other items off pve farmers looking for gold. From there they can control all the bosses, castles, and the market. Most people will just be approaching 60 and thier 7day premium almost gone. Now all the non p2w players have to find premium and pray the p2w folks don't jack up prices.

Control the reales, control the bosses, control the castles, control the market and item improvements. GG to them. +6 noob gear will do nothing.

Good luck competing against that as a non p2w player. Have fun🤣. Yeah, It would suck for everyone else yet, it will still happen.
People like easy and free stuff ]

Royal Quest is not good for casual players and difficult for those not looking to spend a lot of money. It takes months and years to get adequate gear and items being a non p2w player or boosted by another player or guild ofc. It's a major design flaw.

A new server will not save this game.

Btw. Rjoskva is no longer the Community Manager here. She has left the team. So we don't even have a CM to communicate with. Of course they didn't tell us she is gone.🙃 Classic Royal Quest for you.

@edit fixed typos. Typing on phone -_-

Edited by DarksKiss (Elgore), 03 December 2019 - 04:52 PM.

• Ficadeboaai (Elgore) and EdgyDalmaska (Elgore) like this

#8 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2193 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:17 PM

Welcome to RQ 2.0.

Start now with x3 exp and x3 loot drops. Activate the promo code to get 7 days of premium, 10 clovers, and a starter elixir.

Now for the real fun. A group of P2W friends decide to rush to level 65. It only takes a few days to get 65 with x3 exp and farming techniques totally not using the exp exploits ✌.

Now then.. Dungeons make the 65 gear easy to obtain. A few days later this group will p2w the gear and buy all the loot, materials, and other items off pve farmers looking for gold. From there they can control all the bosses, castles, and the market. Most people will just be approaching 60 and thier 7day premium almost gone. Now all the non p2w players have to find premium and pray the p2w folks don't jack up prices.

Control the reales, control the bosses, control the castles, control the market and item improvements. GG to them. +6 noob gear will do nothing.

Good luck competing against that as a non p2w player. Have fun. Yeah, It would suck for everyone else yet, it will still happen.

To be honest i don't think this would happen whatsoever. The first few months of this server the p2w people had an advantage ofc but it didn't last that long. If p2w is so overpower as it seems to be when you speak about it then this server should be dominated by p2w players all these years, which didn't happen. Hypothetically speaking now if somehow a new server comes up i hardly think anyone that spent years playing would play now,  and if they do they'll have the minimum knowledge of how and what to do to achiev goals in game, it won't be a brand new experience, just a new race with people already knowing the shortcuts, some knowing way more than the others. 

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#9 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:07 PM

Everything is hypothetical in this regard. We can only guess what will happen. Safe to assume most will quit tho.

P2W wasn't "too" OP back in the early days for several reasons. Everything was a learning experience, p2w and f2p players were coming and going. Guilds rose and fell. Updates and content was actually added to the game.

Area 51 for example was definitely OP when they merged over and took over the castles. It took some time for Revolt and other guilds to adjust to it but I happened with time ofc. Players leaving and ultimately greed ended that group off. Nevertheless P2W didn't influnce the game too much back then.

I think it would be different now. Ofc this only applies if people actually
play and for whatever reason p2w on this new server.

Like Solsa said everyone would race to be strong. Everyone would get 65 and hunt BB,Arc,Ed, and Ent. P2w would definitely make it easier to win the chest. Maybe it would balance out since most guild generally have a few p2w players so it's not 1 guild controlling it all.

I was placing my bet on that p2w Russian group on the RU servers to take advantage and take over everything. If they played I don't see why they would not try to dominate. They have to numbers to just zerg it all as it is now.
  • Ficadeboaai (Elgore) likes this

#10 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Locationin the confines of the mental universe

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:57 PM

I only have one thing to say: and I speak more: I only say that.

• EdgyDalmaska (Elgore) likes this

nFk3Ux9.jpg

#11 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationHaha, no.

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:35 PM

Imagine making a server that's even less populated than than this one.

Heh.

I would still play it, pls send help.

• Reikkan (Elgore) likes this

Whatever's going to happen - better sooner than never.

#12 AniIa (Elgore)

AniIa (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:05 PM

Please let me know what you think biggrin.png

Good idea, I really like it. It’s only very difficult to execute, it’s very difficult to make a server that would suit everyone in the time zone (if you look at the Locks, Arcones). I really love US/EU the server, there is a very good community, only one big minus for European players in time. It is difficult to get up to sieges (the only QUALITY pvp in the game) when you have a university, work.

#13 Seville (Elgore)

Seville (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:12 PM

Hmmm,A lot of good points have been made and I'd like to add a few more suggestions.

1.The old servers would still be there,No point in taking them down as it gives players access to everything they worked so hard to get as well as making it beneficial to spend time on both servers.

2.To address the boss timing issues you could double the rates of boss spawns and half the drop chance for "OP loot and cards for them" (Should fix the issue for time zones)

3.As far as sieges being the only top tier pvp also being time based (That is obviuosly a bit of an issue)
Could possibly be solved by introducing new means of PVP as the current system has been around with few significant changes since as far back as I can remember.
Maybe a battlegrounds area in each of the main areas the dungeons are currently located that give the controlling guild benefits or drops.
They would function like a game of king of the hill,Always open and anyone can enter as long as they are within the level requirements.
It would be nonstop combat and encourage players to stay online.

4.To address the older players knowing all of the shortcuts and what to farm for the best gear,I would suggest tuning the loot tables for mobs.
There are already a lot of mobs very close or similar in level to each other spread across the world,You could change what mob drops what within reason to remove that advantage.
Also the loot tables are not as extensive as it might seem,A lot of mobs use the same ones and those that don't aren't super complex. (Trust me I did a lot of research while making the forum database)

Alternatively you could introduce new names/skins (Possibly even models though that would require a lot of work) for the mobs as well as reworking loot tables to remove a lot of that advantage.

**Both of those changes would be server specific of course and would most likely require some time to implement.

5.The map itself could be changed as well to give it a fresh new experience.
I realize this would be a huge undertaking (I do have a background  in game design)
However a lot of the assets in game seem to be modular in a way that they could easily be moved from place to place to create new areas.
The only thing that I could see as a problem in that regard is having to create areas for mobs/baskets/chests/plants to spawn.
Not sure how current mob spawning and collision detection work to prevent them from walking through trees and stuff is handled,but the others (plants/resources/chests/and baskets) seem to be point based so I would assume those are simple enough to move.

And that's about it for now,I realize some of these things would take time to integrate and some may even be bad ideas.
That being said that's why it's here in suggestions,Just some ideas I think would improve the game or encourage players to keep/start playing.

Honestly looking at all these suggestions if they where all implemented properly they could launch it as a new world/alternate dimension which would be pretty cool in my opinion.
Same great game,with a whole new world to explore and conquer.

Edited by Seville (Elgore), 04 December 2019 - 06:14 PM.

#14 AniIa (Elgore)

AniIa (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:59 PM

Hmmm,A lot of good points have been made and I'd like to add a few more suggestions.

1.The old servers would still be there,No point in taking them down as it gives players access to everything they worked so hard to get as well as making it beneficial to spend time on both servers.

2.To address the boss timing issues you could double the rates of boss spawns and half the drop chance for "OP loot and cards for them" (Should fix the issue for time zones)

3.As far as sieges being the only top tier pvp also being time based (That is obviuosly a bit of an issue)
Could possibly be solved by introducing new means of PVP as the current system has been around with few significant changes since as far back as I can remember.
Maybe a battlegrounds area in each of the main areas the dungeons are currently located that give the controlling guild benefits or drops.
They would function like a game of king of the hill,Always open and anyone can enter as long as they are within the level requirements.

4.To address the older players knowing all of the shortcuts and what to farm for the best gear,I would suggest tuning the loot tables for mobs.
There are already a lot of mobs very close or similar in level to each other spread across the world,You could change what mob drops what within reason to remove that advantage.
Also the loot tables are not as extensive as it might seem,A lot of mobs use the same ones and those that don't aren't super complex. (Trust me I did a lot of research while making the forum database)

Alternatively you could introduce new names/skins (Possibly even models though that would require a lot of work) for the mobs as well as reworking loot tables to remove a lot of that advantage.

**Both of those changes would be server specific of course and would most likely require some time to implement.

I realize this would be a huge undertaking (I do have a background  in game design)
However a lot of the assets in game seem to be modular in a way that they could easily be moved from place to place to create new areas.
The only thing that I could see as a problem in that regard is having to create areas for mobs/baskets/chests/plants to spawn.
Not sure how current mob spawning and collision detection work to prevent them from walking through trees and stuff is handled,but the others (plants/resources/chests/and baskets) seem to be point based so I would assume those are simple enough to move.

And that's about it for now,I realize some of these things would take time to integrate and some may even be bad ideas.
That being said that's why it's here in suggestions,Just some ideas I think would improve the game or encourage players to keep/start playing.

Honestly looking at all these suggestions if they where all implemented properly they could launch it as a new world/alternate dimension which would be pretty cool in my opinion.

I liked how you said, only all in vain because the American forum is not watched by game designers of the game. You need to go to the Royal quest ru and write there. I’ve been waiting 3-4 years for them to make normal PvP, they have already made a good balance, so now it’s time for them to switch to something else === PVP (not discounts, promotions, new events

#15 Seville (Elgore)

Seville (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:56 PM

You would think they would at least look at it though,Would be rather irresponsible as a developer not to look at their community as a whole.

#16 Tanzanite (Elgore)

Tanzanite (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:42 PM

I like the idea of some new areas even though I have not yet even explored all the old areas.  I am very much into exploring and graphics in games so it would be nice.    I would like it if they introduced new events with separate areas to go to specifically for the event.  A bit like the fair event but more  a small map with separate drops and quests specific to the event.  Just something to disrupt the routine and this sort of thing would encourage newer players also to hang around.  Something new!

#17 Ficadeboaai (Elgore)

Ficadeboaai (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:14 AM

Honestly.. This game is not worth starting over again. Not with the current team and administration. I personally would uninstall the game.

If they gave everyone a fresh start on a new server very few people would continue to play.

This is how the scenario would play out with the current game patch and administration.

[ Welcome to RQ 2.0.

Good luck competing against that as a non p2w player. Have fun. Yeah, It would suck for everyone else yet, it will still happen.

Royal Quest is not good for casual players and difficult for those not looking to spend a lot of money. It takes months and years to get adequate gear and items being a non p2w player or boosted by another player or guild ofc. It's a major design flaw.

A new server will not save this game.

Btw. Rjoskva is no longer the Community Manager here. She has left the team. So we don't even have a CM to communicate with. Of course they didn't tell us she is gone. Classic Royal Quest for you.

@edit fixed typos. Typing on phone sleep.png

I never saw perfection in anything but I think I saw in this text,

I know very well how to have a server dominated by p2w with castles and everything, after everyone gave up on the new siege system "which was already stagnant" managed to make an almost full orange char without a dollar in the game,

I think they should end the reales and fill the market with clothes and decorations, because what breaks this game and p2w, even giving a profit to 1c

I never saw perfection in anything but I think I saw in this text

#18 Ficadeboaai (Elgore)

Ficadeboaai (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:25 AM

AND PLEASE COME BACK RANK PVP 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Merge, Server, Suggestion, New, Reset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users