#21 NblSupernova (Elgore)

NblSupernova (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationMorocco

Posted 10 December 2019 - 01:27 AM

Moving 'GRANAS' server to US will be a great option instead of adding 'ELGORE' to RU.
"what does not kill me, makes me stronger."

ldoupaaf3a5.png

#22 Godsu (Elgore)

Godsu (Elgore)

Imagine not having a custom title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • LocationKarnaca

Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:33 PM

Moving 'GRANAS' server to US will be a great option instead of adding 'ELGORE' to RU.

And make it 100x worse for the team and players of that server, nice 

" A true hunter never rests "

LqchOiW.png  

#23 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Locationin the confines of the mental universe

Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:35 AM

Mover o servidor 'GRANAS' para os EUA será uma ótima opção, em vez de adicionar 'ELGORE' à RU.

laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

#24 Qyburn (Elgore)

Qyburn (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationKing's Landing

Posted 04 January 2020 - 01:45 PM

Leandro be like:  "But don't come talk nonsense .. "

also him: "Server (US) has over 90% of Brazilians '' 90% ''

And hey newsflash, just like some people will get worse ping, some like me will get better ping. It goes both ways.

And about IronFelixs statement, " We know that many (if not all) of you are worried about what it would be like. " I did see those reactions but also many that want it to happen as soon as possible. Its just that many are lazy and dont want competition that this dead server barely has, look at the castles, its a mess, same with bosses, sometimes the other 2/3ppl have such bad weapons, the boss countdown would drop before "we" could kill it... So please dont make me switch to Lost Ark and drop this game entirely...

• EdgyDalmaska (Elgore) likes this

#25 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 04 January 2020 - 05:40 PM

A merge will temporarily fix several issues regarding our extreme low population.

Clear Advantages of a Merge
~ Bigger Population
~ Finding Dungeon & Daily groups faster
~ Healthier market with cheaper prices
~ More Arena's and Battlegrounds
~ Boss and Elite competition
~ More PvP conflicts and skirmishes
~ Larger and different guilds (presumably)
~ More friends or foes to make (whatever floats your boat)

Disadvantages

~Ping issues #1 killer unless addressed

~Overcrowded farming zones(Mainly daily quest zones with several large groups attempting to farm the same mobs)

~Lower loot drop % (Elgore has x3 loot drops while RU servers do not)

~Cheaper market prices on cards and gear also has some negative effects. Easier and cheaper to obtain for the ones buying true, however, those doing the actual selling recieve lower profits. Runes,"B,W,R" stones, waxes to improve them still cost a fortune. (At current writing and market prices on both servers)

~Language barrier. It's not going be smooth

For the sake of Elgore the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages of a merge. The game alone has a lot of flaws. A low population makes a lot of the core issues worse.

Several folks who disagree with the merge must realize players spending all day in Varlone looking for parties and the other few players killing all the free bosses is not a healthy mmo. Several players want the (izi) free uncontested boss kills.

I agree with the merge in regards to mending the low population issues here.. Population here is broken beyond repair.

Personally, I believe this is only a temporary solution to prolong the life of the game AND to milk every last bit of $$ from players.

Take out/fix the low population issues of the game and then you are left with the same old issues that originally killed off the vast population.

~Lack of quailty updates and content
~Unbalanced classes
~P2W (sure you can farm for months and eventually get a big enough bag and decent gear. Or spend some reales and have it all in a few days)

~Heavy emphasises on buying for convenience or grind your eyes out for months.
~Utterly destroyed Castle PvP
~RNG loot boxes
~Garbage improvement system
~Little community support

The list can go on and on. Yeah, Yeah it's easy to point out the flaws. Those core issues have always stopped the majority of players from sticking around.

The long term cons are finnaly taking big negative effects on the Russian Servers. Population numbers there have drastically dropped too. Soon enough Logrus will compete with Elgore for the smallest population.

It's a Free to Play MMO. What can we expect? Developing new content to satisfy our needs is very time consuming and costly.

It's cheaper to constantly add new loot boxes, costumes, decorations, and market sales than to add new updates. Plenty of players will drop that cash. Fast and easy profits for the company. 1c could spend a lot of time/money developing content but it runs the risk of it being a flop. They clearly take the "safe" route

If anyone read the 1c Job Application it states that 1c is developing 2 new unannounced MMO's. The new Community Manager for Royal Quest will be expected to manage atleast one of those new MMO communities among with the RQ duties. We don't even get a dedicated Community Manager.. but who has it worse? A new MMO not even getting a proper Community Manager or an old one getting half of one?

It doesn't look too well for the game despite the hopeful merge outlook. I would love to have real PvP on the Russian Servers but it's only a matter of time before those servers die off like ours did.

Edited by DarksKiss (Elgore), 04 January 2020 - 05:42 PM.

• Morŧred (Elgore), Reikkan (Elgore) and EdgyDalmaska (Elgore) like this

#26 Morŧred (Elgore)

Morŧred (Elgore)

The Master Thief

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationBurgas, Bulgaria

Posted 04 January 2020 - 08:21 PM

A merge will temporarily fix several issues regarding our extreme low population.

Clear Advantages of a Merge
~ Bigger Population
~ Finding Dungeon & Daily groups faster
~ Healthier market with cheaper prices
~ More Arena's and Battlegrounds
~ Boss and Elite competition
~ More PvP conflicts and skirmishes
~ Larger and different guilds (presumably)
~ More friends or foes to make (whatever floats your boat)

Disadvantages

~Ping issues #1 killer unless addressed

~Overcrowded farming zones(Mainly daily quest zones with several large groups attempting to farm the same mobs)

~Lower loot drop % (Elgore has x3 loot drops while RU servers do not)

~Cheaper market prices on cards and gear also has some negative effects. Easier and cheaper to obtain for the ones buying true, however, those doing the actual selling recieve lower profits. Runes,"B,W,R" stones, waxes to improve them still cost a fortune. (At current writing and market prices on both servers)

~Language barrier. It's not going be smooth

For the sake of Elgore the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages of a merge. The game alone has a lot of flaws. A low population makes a lot of the core issues worse.

Several folks who disagree with the merge must realize players spending all day in Varlone looking for parties and the other few players killing all the free bosses is not a healthy mmo. Several players want the (izi) free uncontested boss kills.

I agree with the merge in regards to mending the low population issues here.. Population here is broken beyond repair.

Personally, I believe this is only a temporary solution to prolong the life of the game AND to milk every last bit of $$ from players.

Take out/fix the low population issues of the game and then you are left with the same old issues that originally killed off the vast population.

~Lack of quailty updates and content
~Unbalanced classes
~P2W (sure you can farm for months and eventually get a big enough bag and decent gear. Or spend some reales and have it all in a few days)

~Heavy emphasises on buying for convenience or grind your eyes out for months.
~Utterly destroyed Castle PvP
~RNG loot boxes
~Garbage improvement system
~Little community support

The list can go on and on. Yeah, Yeah it's easy to point out the flaws. Those core issues have always stopped the majority of players from sticking around.

The long term cons are finnaly taking big negative effects on the Russian Servers. Population numbers there have drastically dropped too. Soon enough Logrus will compete with Elgore for the smallest population.

It's a Free to Play MMO. What can we expect? Developing new content to satisfy our needs is very time consuming and costly.

It's cheaper to constantly add new loot boxes, costumes, decorations, and market sales than to add new updates. Plenty of players will drop that cash. Fast and easy profits for the company. 1c could spend a lot of time/money developing content but it runs the risk of it being a flop. They clearly take the "safe" route

If anyone read the 1c Job Application it states that 1c is developing 2 new unannounced MMO's. The new Community Manager for Royal Quest will be expected to manage atleast one of those new MMO communities among with the RQ duties. We don't even get a dedicated Community Manager.. but who has it worse? A new MMO not even getting a proper Community Manager or an old one getting half of one?

It doesn't look too well for the game despite the hopeful merge outlook. I would love to have real PvP on the Russian Servers but it's only a matter of time before those servers die off like ours did.

You know ... as I struggle with my recaps for the upcoming University Semester Exams, I came across these "arguments" on this topic ... and in my saddened state that I am in right now, I would like to get something off my chest that's been chocking this game by the neck ever since it launched  ... and will probably never be addressed.

Yes, the Merge is nothing more than a temporary solution to a small problem hiding among others. Even if we had achieved the merge, created the perfect prices for all marketable items, made every single player's ping perfect, made it so you don't have to wait in order to farm solo, every person magically mastered the English language, balanced all the classes, made it so you can't buy wax, stones and loot boxes with exclusive stuff that provided stats from the premium store etc. etc.

... This game is fundamentally flawed in one of the major key features that any MMO must have in order to survive. Can you guess what it is?

... I'll give you a hint: You can sum it up with one word that defines world building to the point where you don't ever wish to leave it.

Still don't get it? Here ... let me spell it out for you if you're dense.

It's IMMERSION, you dunce!!!

No matter how perfect you make your game if a player has no interest and/or reason to come back to it you've effectively ruined any replayability the game could ever offer.

-Look at my character ... look at all our characters and how lifeless they are. No real customization with height, face structure, body, clothing, colors of said clothing, age or even weapons - no real way to project yourself in this world.

-No real interactions between characters. No handshakes, hugs, high fives and whatever else kind of expression(not even in chat form which is one of the easiest things to do "Player 1 greets Player 2"). It's literally just chat bubbles, chat emotes, class based animations, idle, sitting, dying and mounting animations(the bare minimum necessity of ANY game).

-Completely lifeless NPCs who couldn't care a rats tail about what's happening right in front of them whether it be player wars, elite monsters killing or getting killed ... nothing ... just and idle animation ... not even a 2 second hand gesture when the player talks to them.(If you really think this is some kind of overkill/over exaggeration ... I suggest you actually try playing some other MMOs because I dare say your knowledge of these types of games are laughable). Now look at Beastbane ... or Scorpion King ... or Edward ... look at how unique each of them walk, fight, animate, die, require reflexes and concentration ... that alone in a character is worth playing for ... this feeling like they are actually alive ... unlike 90% of the other monsters in the game. That's the most infuriating thing about the NPCs ... they have the potential for life(metaphorically speaking), because the potential is there ... but it's just cast aside under the excuse "well they are not important so why put effort into it".

-Non-Player combat ... imagine you just started the game and you try out the combat ... what's the first thing that a monster will do if you engage it in battle ... it will run at you and it will auto attack you ... exchanging damage by auto attacks while praying for a passive element to take effect with the player until one of the two dies ... the same thing goes for the next enemy you fight ... and the next one ... and the next one ... and the next one until you reach a level 16-20 zone where an enemy such as a boar with use 1 skill at you every once in a while ... do you not see how mindless, boring and lifeless it looks when you start the game?(Yes, I know that the northern, solo and the later mobs use unique skills in response, but think of it this way - would you rather play for hours/days/weeks/month against mobs that just run and auto you to death just to level up and see if higher level  mobs offer something new? Yeah ... not a chance ... most players get bored of the leveling and mobs before they even reach the unique ones and they leave the game believing every monster in the game functions the same)

-Then we have the fetch quests ... yeah ... you got me ... this is just a nitpick which is also a necessary evil to all MMO quests ... I know there is no answer to making it any better or even any kind of solution for this but when you make me travel 5 maps back and forth without the need to fight back against mobs ... you just mentally shut down the player. Enter a zone, open your map, click on your destination/entrance to the other area you need to be in, close the map and watch your screen for 1-2 minutes in case your auto-pathing gets you in a fight ... just to click on some text boxes and do it again with a different location ... I know ... this is standard for 90% of MMOs ... but unholy mother of N'aix ... does this game just unnecessarily stretch roads just for something so basic like 2 mouse clicks. It literally feels like empty pandering.

- Oh this can go on forever but I'd like to end of a lack of purpose ... what is there really to do in this game? I farm, level up and upgrade equipment to keep farming, leveling in newer areas and upgrading newer equipment, so I can max out my character, so I can make alternate equipment so I can farm specific monsters, so I can upgrade my equipment, so I can farm blood tokens in arena to make alternative equipment for pvp, so I can repeat pvp again and again and when I'm 100% max out on pve and pvp I can start and alt and do the exact same thing again ... please explain to me what I should do with my 100 mil gold? Can I make a custom home and buy furniture so other people can come visit? No. Can I buy something to leave behind when I'm gone and unable to play? No. Can I give it away to newcomer who will quit anyway in less than a month? Yes. Should I do it? No. Can I spend it to customize my character in a unique way like painting my weapons or outfit in a cute color? No ... like ... seriously ... give me a motivation or a purpose or immersion to distract me from the fundamental flaws of MMOs. What else is there to RQ that I am not seeing other than this endless cycle of grinding?

... You should NEVER be gentle with feedback ... if you ever wish for something to improve or change for the better. 

... the same way the worst thing to tell an artist is that his/her work is perfect when it's really not, because otherwise you are hurting it in the longer run.

Edited by Morŧred (Elgore), 04 January 2020 - 09:32 PM.

• DarksKiss (Elgore) and EdgyDalmaska (Elgore) like this

#27 Qyburn (Elgore)

Qyburn (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationKing's Landing

Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:38 PM

IMMERSION

I have to disagree there with you, there is enough immersion stuff in the game, monsters make sounds + grunts ect, walk unique, element effects, awesome and unique background music, visible emotion "smileys",  yes customization falls short but its a point and click 3rd person mmo, you cant achieve the immersion you truly want in that Mortred and graphic also counts a lot to that, this game is pretty old considering we are in 2020 now...

Also only a small amount play the game for true immersion like you do

#28 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationCoronavirus, The Ascending Colon (Jejunum)

Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:39 AM

please explain to me what I should do with my 100 mil gold? Can I make a custom home and buy furniture so other people can come visit? No. Can I buy something to leave behind when I'm gone and unable to play? No. Can I give it away to newcomer who will quit anyway in less than a month? Yes. Should I do it? No. Can I spend it to customize my character in a unique way like painting my weapons or outfit in a cute color?

All I wish is that there was an option for my character to wear green T-shirt with the custom writing "Big Gay" on the back.

That's all the immersion I'd ever need, is that too much to ask?

PS: If you don't need that 100m gold mail me pls, ty.

• Reikkan (Elgore) and ŁuWañ (Elgore) like this

"Show some humility. One day's victory is another day's defeat. REMEMBER IT!" - Shingen Takeda

#29 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Locationin the confines of the mental universe

Posted 06 January 2020 - 07:19 PM

soon they will want the characters to buy houses and have sex

#30 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:52 AM

I want RQ to turn into Sims now lol

"Show some humility. One day's victory is another day's defeat. REMEMBER IT!" - Shingen Takeda

#31 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Rune Bearer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:45 AM

That's a nice idea for those engaged in long-distance relationships 

@Topic

This game is doomed, the merge won't "save" a lot of community for RU numbers, and it will permanently close the door to western audiences. Instead of investing on it to restore the server numbers, they decided to give up. Eh, whatever.

2AnBFMA.png

I know buddy. It's my lifestyle.

#32 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 05:11 AM

That's a nice idea for those engaged in long-distance relationships

Too bad this game is 12+ rated

6pax momeht

• Godsu (Elgore) likes this

#33 Godsu (Elgore)

Godsu (Elgore)

Imagine not having a custom title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • LocationKarnaca

Posted 13 March 2020 - 01:01 PM

Too bad this game is 12+ rated

6pax momeht

you have to be older than 12 to play this game? fuckkkk

" A true hunter never rests "