#1 DasWood (Elgore)

DasWood (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

Levels 1-20 should be very simple.

First thing you should know about is to visit every maiden on every map you come across. Cash shop currency is purchasable ingame, so later on it will be completely feasible to buy premium days, this will let you teleport between maidens at will.

Second thing is to try to avoid selling your 'loot'. Stash everything in your warehouse which you can access at maidens. Once again you will need cash shop currency to expand your warehouse and bag slots.

Third, don't worry about purchasing armor and equipment. There are loads of quests up through the early 20s, many of which will provide equipment and when you finish your lvl 20 class change quest you will get a new set of crusader or dark knight gear. When you get new equipment from a quest examine it carefully, it might not be obvious but when you get a quest that rewards you with gear you already have it will normally have a card slot you can attach things too - not that you need it.

OK, so basically, just do quests. As a warrior it is easy. Dump your points into stamina, when you get to a 10s, dump points into strength. When strength is at the 10s and caught up, dump 20 more points into stamina, and so on. This will give you the ability to take hits and do damage. If you don't like this, you will get a free reset usable up to lvl 20 in the form of a quest in the capital.

When you get a quest for the 'elenium mines' save the quest and put it off until you have a bunch of them and closer to lvl 17 or 18. The elenium mines are under the windmill in elegore and is a PVP zone. I recommend the mario hat and the lance recipes  for one, the mario hat is better than the hat you get from the free set and is usable at a lower level and you don't get a lance in the free lvl 20 set.

Your biggest obstacle will be the class change quest at level 20. I went crusader but from what I read the dark knight quest is the same. You have to fight a monster. Clear out the dungeon before the monster spawns - bring fast acting food like fried rats and sugar. (EDIT: DO NOT USE FIRST AID! Press K and add "rest" to your hotbar. It is just as good as first aid but does not use energy!) Bring one 4k heal potion and one 220 energy heal potion. Make sure Steel Protection is active. You will have about 4.5K HP and 200ish energy.

Charge -> Perfect Protection -> Inspiration -> Spam Crushing blow, shield blow and anger. Once perfect protection wears off, spam charge again as well. Eventually you will need to use your HP and Energy potions, wait until the last moments before using them. Don't use Inspiration again until it is about to wear off and remember to use perfect protection as soon as it comes off timer.

A dirty little trick about the boss is that it will begin to quickly regenerate when it is down to about 10%-20%. At about 20% use Battle Shout, this will reduce it's regen by 50% for 5 seconds - which at this point you will be very low on HP but with a little bit of luck it should pop.

#2 Herosvillain (Elgore)

Herosvillain (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

hey I saw you heading to the spider cave =D not sure if I saw DesWood (alt?) or DasWood =D

thanks for the guide.

really 4.5k hp by lv20??

my Dk is at 25 and I only hit 5k, 4.5k maybe around 23-24 =/ and I was going about 2 Sta  2 Str.

#3 DasWood (Elgore)

DasWood (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

Yes, I was farming ores in the spider caves. It's the one place I found that consistently produces iron and verite. I haven't been able to log in tonight, some kind of bug - plus the servers are down now. I figured I would put some of my experiences out there. Is the DK quest about as I described? And yes, at lvl 20 I had approx 4.5K HP.

The thing about the way the system works, you get almost no benefit from going from 2->4 or 7->9 for any particular stat. you do however get a large bonus for going 9->10. So you want to hit the 10 in your most important stat, then follow up in the next stat so you get a bonus a couple levels earlier - opposed to waiting several levels for both bonuses.

• Herosvillain (Elgore) likes this

#4 Draakdorei (Elgore)

Draakdorei (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

Yep, DK quest is right on target.

One thing i'd point out though is that Shield Blow ends Perfect Protection as it moves you forward (even when standing next to a mob); at least, this was my experience in it.

For lower than 4.5k HP, try to time your Shield Blow for when you get under 1,000 HP so you can push him backwards, dash away and pop a potion. If you are near that 10-20%, as Daswood pointed out, don't dash away. Just hit Shield Blow and pop your potion. The animation takes 1-2s so expect to get hit at least once during it.

The Chimera also seems to crit (depending on armor rating) for up to 500 HP.

#5 Herosvillain (Elgore)

Herosvillain (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:02 PM

Yes, I was farming ores in the spider caves. It's the one place I found that consistently produces iron and verite. I haven't been able to log in tonight, some kind of bug - plus the servers are down now. I figured I would put some of my experiences out there. Is the DK quest about as I described? And yes, at lvl 20 I had approx 4.5K HP.

The thing about the way the system works, you get almost no benefit from going from 2->4 or 7->9 for any particular stat. you do however get a large bonus for going 9->10. So you want to hit the 10 in your most important stat, then follow up in the next stat so you get a bonus a couple levels earlier - opposed to waiting several levels for both bonuses.

Are you serious??

I've been going 2, 2 the entire hoping I was doing the smart thing rather than focusing on just one stat and then moving over. =O

Thanks a lot Das, this tip is really helpful.

#6 Sinner (Elgore)

Sinner (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

Its a bit late for me to reset my stats, but thanks for the tips anyway! xD

ncc0uUc.png

#7 Shocker (Elgore)

Shocker (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:54 PM

will there be anything worth in  end game or pvp for crusader tank? I always love to tank, but since wow, all other mmo like, was a drag for tanks..

the little i understood of dk and cr is that, cr will be tank and survival, and dk full dmg... but i might be wrong.. :(

#8 Shocker (Elgore)

Shocker (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:02 AM

well, i went for dk path, and just needed to use 4k potion one time. at 20 i had 40str  51+stam as 4,5k hp.

#9 DasWood (Elgore)

DasWood (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:27 AM

Endgame? I don't know. I know currently in PVP in 1v1 crusader can hold it's own around level 30. In groups it is better if you choose PVP talents like Spear Throw/Charge root, enhanced fury, et al.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warrior, crusader, dark knight, level

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users