6 replies to this topic

#1 Nephilim (Elgore)

Nephilim (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

Seeing as how if you login with Steam, your forum name could be anything since you can change it to names even other people have.

You should allow one nickname change to fix this.

#2 Malleus

Malleus

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

Seeing as how if you login with Steam, your forum name could be anything since you can change it to names even other people have.

You should allow one nickname change to fix this.

Your nickname was changed for the time being. We didn't implement a direct name change because from the day 1 of the Open Beta players will use their characters as their names on forums. You will be able to choose between servers and multiple characters up to 3 times per week. For now, it's a Steam-based, temporary system.

• Nephilim (Elgore) likes this

#3 Crusherdom

Crusherdom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:54 AM

Ok well this is completely annoying, my name is obviously my actual name - fine for my steam account no one sees that.... until now.

I do not want this as my forum name, game name or anything else, and so far I can't even see an option to delete my forum account.

Please change my name to Crusherdom - which will be my game name.

#4 Malleus

Malleus

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

Ok well this is completely annoying, my name is obviously my actual name - fine for my steam account no one sees that.... until now.

I do not want this as my forum name, game name or anything else, and so far I can't even see an option to delete my forum account.

Your name was changed. As mentioned above, this is a temporary solution, as Open Beta starts very soon and all players will use their character names instead of Steam names. If you have further suggestions, you can submit a ticket from the main page of the website by clicking on 'Support'. We launched this website and forums to test them prior to the start of the Open Beta, so some features are still incoming or will be updated.

#5 Nephilim (Elgore)

Nephilim (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

Your nickname was changed for the time being. We didn't implement a direct name change because from the day 1 of the Open Beta players will use their characters as their names on forums. You will be able to choose between servers and multiple characters up to 3 times per week. For now, it's a Steam-based, temporary system.

Thanks!

I actually like the idea of using our in-game names as forum names and having it be interchangeable.

#6 qwertyismypw

qwertyismypw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:48 PM

You can change your steam name, which would essentially change your forum name (I think).

#7 Malleus

Malleus

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:30 AM

You can change your steam name, which would essentially change your forum name (I think).

We do set your name based on your current Steam name, but as mentioned earlier, this isn't final.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users