Ragedrop (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:14 PM

Hello everyone this is Taersonas speaking :D
I would like to share my thoughts on the Dex Build of Hunters :)
I myself am using the Dex Build as follows:

86 Acc
100 Dex
33 Stam
0 Luck
Thats somewhat how I distributed my points not considering the item bonuses.

For skills I went down :
Survival complete
Hunting complete
and the rest went down the Traps tree focusing on every stun one might get in all trees.

Well now lets talk about this Build for a bit and about how it should work, how it works and the up and downsides.

First of all I would have to say that I really love this build since in a duel it really shines because of the constant stuns it provides considering my atackspeed with all the buffs is around 4.5 atacks a second.
The major upside of this build really is the speed of atacks itself no matter if in wolf form or just with the bow, you can hit an enemy 3-4 times while he or she can only hit you once which is really a major difference in damage even if each of your own hits is a bit lower in damage than it could be. Timing your stuns correctly is a must for beating the healing classes but it is really managable if you consider your cooldowns and use the wolf stun while they are casting.

Secondly I would have to talk about the one major downside of this build: LIFE
You are somewhat of a Glascannon so if people decide to focus you outside of your wolf you are mostly done for every time, even with jumpback, blunt arrow and dashing like mad it is very hard to survive if you get focused by multible people. Also since the new patch this build got considerably weaker because of the 20% stun reduce within that 20 second timeframe and the MASSIVE Asassin buff which enables them to onehit kill you even easier.
I would like to note tho that if your skill level is high enough (not saying mine is, rather reffering to the player Genius here) it is possible to run this build with ease and a lot of fun while mowing down enemy ranks.

For Pve this build is perfect since most monsters are dead before they reach you and ranged ones fall after they hit you 2 times max.

Pvp as in Arena, Battleground and Castle Sieges are a different story, each of them, so I would like to start with Arena.

Arena:
In the Arena it is your job to focus on either Assasins, Snipers or other Hunters.
You start with the following approach which works against enemys that are at your gear level with almost a 100 % chance of Victory, even if they are higher lvl this is a tactic that has proven very good for me and I will reveal my Arena sequence here :

Before the Battle: 

Buzzing Arrows - Summon Pet - Vigor 
Battle Begins:
You walk up to a third of the map down the center then it is:
Walking Tour - Beastly Fury - Leader of the Pack
After you decided on your primary target:
Wolf Stun Leap - Autoatacks till target is silenced ocs. regeneration
Depending on the remaining Wolf time, repeat, if wolf runs out:
Jumpback - Magical Arrow - Blunt Arrow - Autoatacks - Healing Charge - Dead Enemy
Repeat for the most likely already dead third enemy.

Battleground:
I have done a few Battlegrounds, not that many to be honest but I have had some exp. in fighting stronger enemys than myself and to be really honest ?
Considering my gear.. THIS BUILD DOES NOT WORK IN BATTLEGROUND!

Castle Sieges:
As my Guild is not a Powerhouse like Revolt, Area 51 and Immortals we do not really stand a Chance in the Castle at all and only join for practice at the moment.
Tho I have to say that it is possible to kill an enemy with the same tactic as in the Arena, considering he is not one of the endgeared op chars because the damage output really is great.

I will update this little thing once I reach lvl 60 and am wearing my Endgear but maybe some new Hunter out there would like to try it out sometime as I consider it a good Build for PVE/PVP :)

Thank you very much for reading this little thing I wrote, this is my first post on the Forums and I hope I can find topics for many more, please excuse the english too since it is not my Native language.
Comment on what you think about the Build, the sequences and please leave reviews on what you would suggest for this build :)

Best wishes,
Sven

We are Legion - Forged in Fire

Bathed in Blood - Encased in Iron

Rise and Conquer - Fight for Honor

Find Peace in Death - Onto Valhalla

Lay me to rest - I'll die with Honor 

#2 Demac (Elgore)

Demac (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSecret cave in Forest of Shadows

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:31 PM

This build will work in bg once you get your cards and gear etc good build sven :D

#3 X-Zone (Elgore)

X-Zone (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:37 PM

Awesome built bro you...but as i clearly see there are more types in build types you went for PvP built. now not just PvP but your built is tending more towards 1v1 PvP but not in team PvP. As a result you will do good in duels but not in team fights or world wide war.

I would like to give you a better suggestion for your game play... instead of having 30 stamina i suggest you to max out accuracy and increasing luck. Result is complete 1 v 1 PvP which can also help in team because that will take enemy down in instant so without wasting time you taking 2 enemies in your wolf mode in Arena.

Now stamina is for survival but you already going for attack speed and stun locks question is whats the use of survival if you are able to survive with your heal in that time. Just act like ninja take swiftly moves in and kill 1 by 1 in flash and in that you don't need stamina but Luck or Accuracy. The thing is right now you are doing good but this suggestion will make you the strongest 1 v 1 hunter in a game

as for Battle Ground i don't like your game play to be honest. I cant explain theoretically how because i know your play since i am observing you but don't worry you still can dominate alone in battleground if you move away from your team. Don't stick to team but help them being away from team and cutting out the support of enemy from other side. This way you are not only protecting yourself but also team to take down enemies. In your current game i saw you always get targeted by 2-3 players. result is death

• HotChocolate (Elgore) likes this

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.

#4 Jyxpe (Elgore)

Jyxpe (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:38 PM

Taersonas,

One thing I'd like to point out is that hunter was the most OP PvP class in the game before the last update. As a lvl 45 dex build, I was taking on mid range 50s and the occasional 60 with relative ease. This is what it feels like to be a mortal man.

I changed my build after the latest update to a tank build (because why not) and it works well. I'm mainly annoyed with the nerf for traps in PvE but that is a different story.

#5 Ryujii (Elgore)

Ryujii (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:38 PM

Nice Build Sven  :D 

#6 X-Zone (Elgore)

X-Zone (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:39 PM

This build will work in bg once you get your cards and gear etc good build sven :D

Cards have nothing to do with it. Game style have nothing to do with cards or seals or upgrades. This strategy will still work on BG without cards and upgrades if he changes methods of killing peopple

#7 Jyxpe (Elgore)

Jyxpe (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:39 PM

1v1 PvP but not in team PvP.

We can't all be mages.

#8 X-Zone (Elgore)

X-Zone (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:52 PM

We can't all be mages.

ok then play only 1v1 duels if you are not mage

#9 Alert (Elgore)

Alert (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:09 PM

Partial Creds: Alert ;)

As long as it's for the right cause, there's nothing wrong with playing dirty.

#10 Demac (Elgore)

Demac (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSecret cave in Forest of Shadows

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:15 AM

ok then play only 1v1 duels if you are not mage

who are you and go back to your mysterious hole pls 

#11 Besenviech (Elgore)

Besenviech (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:05 AM

who are you and go back to your mysterious hole pls 

Who is he?

Who are you? :huh:

Who are we? :blink:

#12 HotChocolate (Elgore)

HotChocolate (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:27 AM

X danger has pointed it out, so I wont comment too much but he is right.

You are undoubtedly OP in duels considering your class, but Arena, BG, and Siege are group pvp event and the way you play are not suit for it.

rushing early in wolf form is a big no no no.....

I never played BG with you, but Hunter are the best runner in the game and that itself should give you the answer.

• X-Zone (Elgore) likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hunter, DEX, Wolf, Bow, Speed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users